Do Your Progressive Lenses Protect You from Screens?
by Optoplus / September 2021
It is perfectly normal to see a deterioration in visual acuity over time. Over the years, the lens of the eye naturally loses its elasticity. The first signs of presbyopia appear around the age of 40, such as blurry near vision and the need to move objects farther away to see them properly. Presbyopia is very common and linked to the normal aging of the eye. This vision disorder affects 15 million Canadians.
While progressive lenses can help correct presbyopia, some lenses may not be suitable for your modern-day challenges. The presence of screens and the demands of an online life can be particularly troublesome for those with presbyopia. Whether for work or play, constant digital activity leads to eye strain, caused by reading fine, pixelated print for long periods of time which also causes neck and shoulder pain.
What few people know is that phones and tablets not only affect eye health, but also affect postural alignment. According to a recent study, 70% of people suffer from neck and shoulder pain1. The distance of use, which is closer with digital devices than with paper, is directly responsible for these new discomforts.
Varilux Digitime progressive lenses were created for the modern needs of those suffering from presbyopia.
These smart lenses offer three innovations, two of which are exclusive, to adapt to all lifestyles:
1. New ultra-close visual zone.
2. Personalized based on screen distance, for maximum comfort and a natural posture, no matter your needs.
3. Protection against the harmful blue light emitted by digital screens, potentially responsible for retinal aging as well as increased eyestrain and headaches.
Although ergonomically designed for the use of digital devices, Varilux Digitime lenses are also suitable for other near and intermediate distance activities such as reading, sewing, cooking and precision work.
Are Varilux Digitime lenses right for you? Do the following habits occur in your daily life?
1. I check the news every morning on my cell phone.
2. I read and respond to emails daily on my computer.
3. I use my tablet to look at recipes and prepare dinner.
4. I end my day reading a digital book in the comfort of my bed.
Without the expert help of an eyecare professional, these habits can cause symptoms such as:
1. Recurring neck and shoulder pain.
2. Eye fatigue intensified by overexposure to digital screens.
3. More difficulty reading emails and staying focused.
4. Painful eye migraines.
Solution: Varilux Digitime, optimized progressive lenses for screens!
The health of your eyes is precious. Book an eye exam at an OPTOPLUS eyecare clinic now and a professional will advise you on the right lenses based on your needs.
Share this article