Asian tofu stir-fry
by Optoplus / January 2020
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) water (to cook the rice)
• 60 ml (1/4 cup) white rice
• 1 carrot
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 green onions
• 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) kale
• 225 g firm tofu
• 250 ml (1 cup) shiitake mushrooms
• 10 ml (2 tsp.) sesame oil
• 1 egg
• 10 ml (2 tsp.) sesame seeds
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) light soya sauce
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) hoisin sauce
• 5 ml (1 tsp.) sambal oelek
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add the rice, cover, reduce to low heat and cook 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes, covered.
2. Julienne the carrot, mince the garlic, and slice the green onions. Tear the kale leaves and remove the stems in the centre.
3. Cut the tofu in cubes and slice the shiitake mushrooms.
4. Heat the sesame oil in a skillet at medium heat. Grill the tofu 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook for 2 additional minutes.
5. Add the carrot, mushrooms, garlic, and green onions, and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
6. Beat the egg and add to the mix. Pour the sauce and stir well.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve warm on a bed of rice.
Source: Les Menus Kilo Solution, 12 semaines de recettes minceur by Isabelle Huot, PhD in Nutrition.
Did you know?
Carrots are rich in beta carotene, but also in lutein and zeaxanthin, precious antioxidants that contribute to eye health. Also a source of lutein and zeaxanthin, kale is perfect for an eye-healthy menu!
In addition, sesame seeds contain zinc. With its antioxidant action, this mineral plays a role in the production of melanin (pigment that protects the eyes against harmful UV rays).
Promotional code : enjoy 15% off Isabelle Huot’s online boutique*
Share this article